Whether you're shopping for a friend, relative, or significant other, this Kashmere travel set is the quintessential Valentine's Day gift idea for the traveler in your life. We all know one — that jet-setting femme who travels far and wide, spending countless hours in flight jet-setting to the most desirable and exotic locales.
And whether she's traveling for work or play, this Kashmere travel set is ideal for any woman wanting to travel in comfort and style. Done in a vibrant red hue (perfect for Valentine's Day!), this luxurious travel set by Kashmere includes a pillow case, eye mask, shawl, and socks. An equal — and super soft — 50 cashmere, 50 wool blend means this travel set is sure to keep the wearer cosy and warm whilst in flight, and relaxing at final destination. The shawl would be perfect for serious snugglers with a generous 47 inch by 64 inch size.
Kashmere Travel Set, sale $202.50, Bluefly
There is something to be said of a closet filled with completely wearable clothing. And while I'm a huge fan of working with a monochromatic wardrobe (hello, versatility!), when it comes to accessories, I'm all about making striking statements. That's why today I'm featuring some lovely and luxe-looking leopard-print handbags. Leopard print usually has neutral colouring, but the print is typically so vibrant that it really stands out. Leopard print is practical, but it's also very playful; it's elegant but it can also be edgy. Priced high to low, let's look at getting a leopard-print bag that fits your budget.
- HIGH — Jerome Dreyfuss Carlos Leopard-Print Calf Hair Bag ($2010, Net-A-Porter): From French designer Jerome Dreyfuss, whose handbags have been hot commodities since they first debuted in 2002, this leopard-print calf hair bag has expandable zip-fastening sides and a black leather trim. The classic shape of this carry-all makes it a timeless choice that you'll keep for ages. This Jerome Dreyfuss bag also comes with a removable shoulder strap, so you have the option of wearing it cross-body.
- MID — Antonio Melani Marion Satchel (sale $149.50, Dillards): A mid-priced leopard-print calf hair satchel, this bag by Antonio Melani is the perfect size. Not too big and not too small, this carry-all features a rich leopard print with black leather trim. It zips closed and has several interior pockets for extra storage.
- LOW — Leopard-Print Satchel Bag ($39, Spiegel): Priced at less than fifty dollars, this look for less leopard-print bag is faux leather. With a printed body and dark brown trim and decorative straps. It has one outer pocket and four inner pockets with a top zip closure.
These are a few of my favourite things! December marks the official start of the holiday season; whether or not you're ready, Christmas is less one month away! For those of you still shopping around — or waiting to start shopping, natch — here are a few helpful ideas, taken from the wish list of yours truly. Indulge me for a minute, people.
1. Set of Three Swarovski Crystal Brooches ($355, Net-A-Porter): I love the vintage-inspired feel of these brooches. And what's even better than one? Three! You can wear these Marni Swarovski crystal brooches separately or clustered together as a set. Perfect for your daytime or evening look, these embellished brooches will add instant character to almost any look.
2. Portolano Camel Leopard-Print Suede Gloves ($120, Bluefly): Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely adore cashmere and leopard-print. Put the two together in a pair of fabulous Portolano gloves, and you've got a match made in winter weather Heaven! Leopard-printed suede with cashmere lining, these Portolano gloves are as functional as they are fashionable.
3. Coach Gramercy Patent Wallet ($198, Coach): I've been blessed with lots of Coach goodies so far this year, so it's no surprise that this pink patent leather wallet has captured my attention. With Op Art embossed leather, this wallet is signature Coach, and it's appropriately sized to fit all your credit cards and greenbacks.
4. Hooded Cashmere Cardigan and Ribbed Leggings Set (on sale $250, Neiman Marcus): Any woman with a love for cashmere — and let's be honest, isn't that all of us? — will swoon for this über-comfy cashmere lounge set from Neiman Marcus. A hooded zip sweater with a cute tie waist and matching ribbed leggings? Luxury in a pajama set, really. It looks as good as it feels (and seriously, it feels good).
5. Burberry Giant Checked Cashmere Skinny Scarf ($249.45, Saks): Again with the cashmere (a girl can never have enough). This Burberry giant checked scarf is absolutely adorable. Available in five fun colours — check that purple-y plum! — this is one piece you'll accoutre yourself with season after season after season after... you get the point.
6. Tory Burch Reva Metallic Crackled Snakeskin Print Ballet Flats ($235, Bloomingdales): Tory Burch's Reva flat has been a sensation for some time now, which tells me it's more timeless than trendy. These slip-on ballet flats have an eye-catching crackled snakeskin print, and they're so easy to wear. And what would a Tory Burch design be without said designer's goldtone metal logo medallion? These are a pair of shoes for the ages.
7. The Fashion File: Advice, Tips, and Inspiration from the Costume Designer of Mad Men by Jane Bryant (about $18.80, Amazon): What would any Christmas wish list be without a little educational reading? I'm eager to open the hardcover edition of Mad Men costume designer Jane Bryant's book. Bryant's a genius, if you ask me, and her creations for the hit AMC show are unmatched. Jane Bryant's book goes into the dressing room of Mad Men and reveals the creative process behind your favourite characters' styles. It also proves what I've been saying on my website since I started: Dressing well never goes out of style.
I've always been fond on DKNY's handbag designs. The quality and style of these handbags is completely obvious to the naked eye. DKNY offers a sharply edited collection of bags that aren't overtly flashy, but more quietly sophisticated and styled to be timeless. Something about the subtle appeal of the collection, along with the history of the brand, makes a DKNY a must-have for the classic chic woman.
While it's also available in black, I'm loving DKNY's crossbody saddle bag in burgundy. A rich ruby hue is an offbeat choice that makes the bag stand out with a smart flair.
Featuring an adjustable shoulder strap and fabulous buckle clasp closure, DKNY's French grained leather bag measures a practical 10-inch wide by 10-inch high size. The shoulder strap drop is 20 inches, which means you can wear this bag on one shoulder, or crossbody.
DKNY French grained leather crossbody bag, $195, Bloomingdales
Do you have your summer carry-all picked out yet?
I'm curious because I've yet to find a summer bag that really grabs my attention. I have three requirements for a statement summer stunner:
- Must have a long shoulder strap - whether chain or leather.
- Must be smaller than 10 inches - high, deep, and wide.
- Must have some stand-out quality - bright coloured leather, goldtone hardware, or ....
One of the bags on my shortlist is this Marc by Marc Jacobs party girl pixie bag.
Grommets and studs certainly add a biker-girl edge to an otherwise basic shape. The drawstring closure is a 90s shout-out, and the adjustable shoulder strap makes this carry-all quite versatile.
Never one to shy away from details, MJ's made sure that even the bottom of this bag is complete with rows of metal studs.
At 7-inches wide, high, and deep, the party girl pixie bag would certainly house all my necessities - camera, CrackBerry, Carmex - and quench my compulsion for tiny totes.
I'll keep you posted on my final decision.
Marc by Marc Jacobs party girl pixie bag, $371.05 CAD, Saks